The types of information we collect and why
We collect personal information from individuals as required to conduct our business operations. This includes when individuals use our website, apply for a position, work with us, attend our sites, invest in us or engage with us in other ways.
We collect, use, store and disclose this personal information to:
- manage our operations (including safety and security);
- protect and enforce our legal rights and obligations;
- comply with applicable laws, regulations and Newcrest’s Code of Conduct, policies and standards;
- assist us with queries raised;
- keep records of our shareholders;
- consider applications from prospective employees or contractors;
- conduct or participate in investigations or due diligence;
- facilitate transactions involving Newcrest or any of our affiliates.
We also collect some personal information pursuant to laws including, in Australia, the Fair Work Act, Superannuation Guarantee (Administration Act), the Income Tax Assessment Act and other tax laws, Corporations Act, occupational health and safety acts and workers compensation acts.
If we intend to use or disclose your personal information in ways not described in this Policy, we will give you prior notification.
Sometimes, we may collect sensitive information including from our employees and contractors to:
- comply with workplace or equal opportunity laws and to improve our workplace diversity; and
- conduct criminal record and medical checks.
Where appropriate, we will confirm your express consent before collecting such information.
We may not be able to do the things described above if we are unable to collect your personal information. For example, we may not be able to communicate with you, or process your request or application.
If you do not want Newcrest to use your personal information in a particular way, you can contact our Privacy Officer (details below) to discuss how we can limit the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.