Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world's largest gold mining companies.
At Newcrest we’re known for our strong technical capabilities in exploration, deep underground block caving and metallurgical processing skills. We're committed to creating a work environment where everyone can go home safe and healthy every day, and where everyone actively contributes to this outcome; operating and developing mines in line with strong environmental, social and governance practices; developing a diverse workforce; and developing and maintaining strong relationships with our communities and governments.
In 2017, we joined the International Council on Mining and Metals, an international organisation that brings together 25 mining and metals companies and over 30 regional and commodities associations dedicated to a safe, fair and sustainable mining and metals industry, and serving as a catalyst for change to enhance mining’s contribution to society.
Our Code of Conduct, Corporate governance framework and a comprehensive suite of company policies protect against illegal and inappropriate behaviours, such as fraud, bribery, corruption, discrimination and bullying, and articulate our position on safety, health, human rights, environment, communities, security and diversity and inclusion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential parts of Newcrest’s vision, values and company culture. Our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2021-2025 to learn more about how we are building a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
Our headquarters are in Melbourne, Australia with operating mines in Australia, Canada and Papua New Guinea.
Creating a brighter future for people through safe and responsible mining
To be the Miner of Choice:
- Valued by our people and communities
- Respected by our partners, customers, suppliers and peers
- Celebrated by our owners
Collaboration, innovation and an owner's mindset
Forging an even stronger Newcrest
NEWCREST BY 2025: OUR ASPIRATIONS
We are a safe and sustainable business measures:
- Zero fatalities or life-changing injuries
- Top decile TRIFR
- No repeat SPIs
- Achieving our Greenhouse Gas emission intensity reduction and water efficiency targets
- Top decile performance for Metals & Mining in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index
We have the best people measures:
- Top decile Organisational Health
- Top half of industry diversity metrics
- Year on year improvement in Organisational Health inclusion measures
- At least 50% of our appointments are internal candidates
We are outstanding operators measures:
- Consistently meet or exceed Budget
- Performance v industry benchmarks and technical limits
- Top quartile Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Lowest quartile AISC per ounce
- No major unplanned operational interruptions
We are a leader in innovation & creativity measures:
- No major unexpected geotechnical events
- 15 Moz eq of innovation driven Reserve growth
- 20% improvement in operational efficiency and sustainability measures
- $1 Bn of incremental NPV added through breakthroughs
We grow profitably measures:
- Add to our portfolio of Tier 1 and Tier 2 orebodies 2 - 3 greenfield discoveries
- Havieron in production
- Red Chris block cave nearing production
- Wafi-Golpu project approved and in development
Caring about people
Keeping people safe and healthy and respecting our communities and the environment.
Integrity & honesty
Doing what we say we will do and doing the right thing.
Having shared goals and helping one another to achieve them.
Innovation & problem solving
Challenging convention and finding a better way.
Seeking high performance in ourselves and others.
Newcrest owns and operates a portfolio of predominantly low cost, long life mines and a strong pipeline of brownfields and greenfields exploration projects. Our reserve and resource base is strong, with current gold reserves representing more than 24 years of production at current rates.
Newcrest uses a variety of efficient mining methods for large ore bodies, together with selective underground mining methods to optimise high-grade epithermal deposits and porphyry deposits.
Our operating mines are located in Australia, Canada and Papua New Guinea.
Newcrest dates back to 1966, when Newmont Mining Limited established an Australian subsidiary, Newmont Holdings Limited, which subsequently changed its name to Newmont Australia Limited.
In 1990, Newmont Australia Limited acquired Australmin Holdings Ltd, subsequently merged with BHP Gold Limited and changed its name to Newcrest Mining Limited.
Newcrest has a strong track record of discovering major deposits over the past 15 years, including the deposits at Cadia Hill, Cadia East, Ridgeway, Gosowong, and the O’Callaghans tungsten and base metals deposit.
In recent years, Newcrest has placed significant focus on investing in strategic research and development of underground bulk-mining technologies from early concept studies to full-scale trials. Through this investment, Newcrest has advanced the technical development of caving mining methods with current application at Cadia and Telfer, and planned application at Red Chris and Wafi-Golpu.