BE (Civil Engineering) (Hons), MSc (Hydraulics), PhD (Water Resources), Stanford Executive Programme, FIEAust, FAusIMM
Independent Non-Executive Director
Dr Higgins was appointed to the Board in October 2015. He is Chairman of the Safety and Sustainability Committee and a member of the Human Resources and Remuneration Committee.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
Dr Higgins brings extensive experience leading mining companies and operations and has deep working knowledge of Papua New Guinea as a current Non-Executive Director and a former Managing Director of Ok Tedi Mining Limited in Papua New Guinea. In his most recent executive position, Dr Higgins served as Senior Vice President, Copper at Canadian metals and mining company, Teck Resources Limited.
Prior to this role he was Vice President and Chief Operating Officer with BHP Billiton Base Metals Customer Sector Group working in Australia and also held senior positions with BHP Billiton in Chile. He holds the position of Adjunct Professor with the Sustainable Minerals Institute, University of Queensland.
CURRENT LISTED DIRECTORSHIPS
- Director of Worley & Limited (from 2019)
OTHER CURRENT DIRECTORSHIPS / APPOINTMENTS
- Chair of the Advisory Board of PAX Republic (from 2019)
- Member of the Energy and Resources Advisory Board, University of Adelaide (from 2019)
- Member of the Sustainable Minerals Institute Advisory Board, University of Queensland (from 2016)
FORMER LISTED DIRECTORSHIPS (LAST 3 YEARS)
- Director of Metminco Limited (2013 – 2019)
- Chairman of Minotaur Exploration Limited (Director 2016 – 2022, Chair 2017-2022)
- Chairman of Demetallica Limited (2022)