Dr Liu was appointed to the Board in September 2015. She is a member of the Human Resources and Remuneration Committee and the Audit and Risk Committee. As announced in September 2020, Dr Liu has resigned as a Non-Executive Director, effective immediately after Newcrest’s Annual General Meeting on 11 November 2020.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
Dr Liu has extensive executive experience in leading global mining and processing businesses. Her last executive role was as President and Chief Executive Officer of Rio Tinto Minerals based in Denver, where she ran integrated mining, processing and supply chain operations in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Prior to her last executive role, Dr Liu held senior management and operational roles at Rio Tinto throughout her career including President – Primary Metal Pacific, Managing Director – Global Technical Services and General Manager Bell Bay Smelter.
CURRENT LISTED DIRECTORSHIPS
- Director of South32 Limited (from November 2017)
- Director of Incitec Pivot Limited (from November 2019)
OTHER CURRENT DIRECTORSHIPS / APPOINTMENTS
- Chancellor of Queensland University of Technology (2020)
- Member of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (from 2017)
FORMER LISTED DIRECTORSHIPS (LAST 3 YEARS)
- Director of Iluka Resources Limited (2016-2019)