Investor Centre / 2021 Annual Report
Record free cash flow of $1.1bn for FY212
Statutory profit ($m)
Underlying profit ($m)2
AISC margin ($/oz)2,4
Creating value for our stakeholders
We believe that a planned, transparent and constructive approach to community engagement and development is critical to maintaining our licence to operate and ensuring that our host communities benefit from Newcrest’s operations.
New Landholder Agreement at Lihir
Newcrest announced in December 2020 that it had signed new compensation, relocation and benefits sharing agreements with the mining lease landholders at Lihir. It is expected that these new agreements will enhance socio-economic development outcomes for landholders and the broader Lihirian community, and enable benefits to be distributed directly to their intended beneficiaries. The agreements also enable the efficient and transparent distribution of compensation and benefits.
Newcrest’s Community Support Fund
In April 2020 we announced our
A$20 million Community Support Fund
which was established to help support our host communities with the challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Since its inception, the Fund has supported a variety of initiatives ranging from immediate health assistance to livelihood restoration and economic recovery across Papua New Guinea, Australia, Canada (British Columbia) and Ecuador. We recently extended the Fund through to June 2022 and look forward to seeing its continued benefits over the next 12 months.
To achieve the safe delivery of superior returns to our shareholders, we strive to:
- safely realise the full potential of our operating assets;
- apply our technical expertise to unlock value in orebodies that we currently own or can acquire;
- leverage our exploration and technical expertise to discover new gold/copper orebodies;
- maintain capital discipline when deploying all growth and exploration opportunities to ensure financial strength throughout the capital cycle;
- and deliver returns to shareholders through share price performance and dividends (in line with our dividend policy).
Sixth consecutive year of increased dividends6